Did you ever want to spend your Sunday nursing a hangover and giving back to the community? If so, then this is perfect for you! Head on over to the Allens Lane Art Center, where the artistically skilled and artistically challenged will both gather together to paint This We Believe, a mural designed by artists Eric Okdeh,Michelle Ortiz, and Kien Nguyen. The mural is the winning entry in the City-Wide Mural Project organized by the Mural Arts Program, which is responsible for numerous of murals across Philadelphia. After This We Believe is complete, it will be displayed first in the North Waiting Room at 30th Street Station and then at the Gallery at Market East. In September, it will be divided up and installed in its permanent neighborhood locations.
• Sunday, June 21 at the Allens Lane Art Center, 601 W. Allens Lane, 10 am – 1 pm.
• Saturday, June 27 at the John Perzel Community Center, 2990 St. Vincent Street, 10 am – 1 pm.
• Sunday, June 28 at Wall St. International, 1431-39 N. 52nd Street, 10 am – 1 pm.
• Wednesday, July 1 during Sunoco Welcome America, Franklin Square, 6th and Race Streets, 1 pm – 3 pm.
• Saturday, July 18 at Colombus Square, 12th and Wharton, 10 am – 1 pm.
• Saturday, July 11 at The ARC/PDDC, 2350 West Westmoreland Street, 10 am – 1 pm.